Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingston

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Southend on Sea, Essex, UK
Running a G5 Mac Pro 2.8 quad with 8gb ram. Imported a 98 min mov file into iMovie 8.0.6. Added audio tracks and one photo, divided into 17 chapters. Shared with iDvd 7.0.4 but once imported/encoded in iDvd I get a message that my project is to big and to change the encoding setting. This I do in project/project info. Reduced it to professional quality which will fit happily onto a single sided disc. It tells me that I need to re encode but I cannot find anywhere in iDvd to action this. I try to burn and it warns me that there were warnings during project validation and I need to fix them before burning. Anyone know how? Tried burning anyway and it fails with a multiplexing error. I also tried creating a disc image which works and ironically the files are small enough to fit on a single sided DVD. Go figure

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
Running a G5 Mac Pro 2.8 quad with 8gb ram. Imported a 98 min mov file into iMovie 8.0.6. Added audio tracks and one photo, divided into 17 chapters. Shared with iDvd 7.0.4 but once imported/encoded in iDvd I get a message that my project is to big and to change the encoding setting. This I do in project/project info. Reduced it to professional quality which will fit happily onto a single sided disc. It tells me that I need to re encode but I cannot find anywhere in iDvd to action this. I try to burn and it warns me that there were warnings during project validation and I need to fix them before burning. Anyone know how? Tried burning anyway and it fails with a multiplexing error. I also tried creating a disc image which works and ironically the files are small enough to fit on a single sided DVD. Go figure

Have you tried burning your Disk image? You can do this from the Disc utility program

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.