? re how many times a song can be put on a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bozley0621, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

I have my iTunes songs backed up to Time Capsule. I'm on my 5th computer that some songs will have been downloaded to. Let's say I apply my last backup to a 6th Mac. This will be the 6th time that those songs are put on a different computer, but not the 6th download and the not on 6 computers at a time.

My question is, since I am not downloading the songs to a 6th computer, but putting them on there from my own back-up, will they play as long as my iTunes account is authorized on the computer.

I'm concerned that putting my songs on a 6th computer eventhough they aren't being downloaded again that they won't play due to iTunes crazy DRM rules.

I hope this all made sense.

2. Matt.H macrumors member

Lets hope I'm understanding what you are trying to say, but as long as you are authorizing the computer to play them through iTunes, you won't have any issues.

iTunes will allow you to authorize up to 5 computers, and once you have reached this, you cannot authorze any more.
    However, it is possible to deactivate all of the authorizations, and start over by viewing your account within iTunes, and clicking the button to deactivate all authorizations. Then you can just reauthorize on the computers that you need to play the music on.

Hope that helps!