Re-install Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by alexycl, Jul 24, 2011.

1. alexycl macrumors newbie

Hi dude,

I there any method to reinstall Lion without re-download it from Apps Store?:confused:

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

This is the only thing I found: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

3. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

4. emaja macrumors 68000

You don't have to pay for it again if you need to re-download Lion.

I made a bootable Lion disk following THESE instructions and it works fine.

5. waynep macrumors 6502

THe options above, and they are also going to sell a USB thumb drive containing lion in the near future. Rumor has the price at $69.

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I know that. I was asking the OP if that was what he meant. You don't need a bootable disc, either. You can do a clean install or reinstall with an internet connection and you iTunes id...for free.

7. alexycl thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not mentioned for the paying issue, just only concert on wait for the download time.:p

8. Tech198, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

Tech198 macrumors G4

I dunno about you guys, but yes... Using Internet connection these days seem like the way things are headed, but instill prefer local install anyway, USB preferred as DVD too slow.

Obviously, this may not always hold true, but the number of posts I've seen which people have not made a backup, in some way.

Well..... My only saying to that is....... You pay the price for not keeping a backup. By the same token, I also blame apple, as this is "unsupported", otherwise it would be in their website. And they say "Oh, and by the way, we sell a bootable USB key for $80" Are you kidding me? I'd rather use another Mac to download Lion, (if available), get a USB key from a your local retail outlet and you've only spend $10 tops.

Naturally, if the dmg image stayed around on the system AFTER install, we wouldn't have these problems. (or not as many).

9. emaja macrumors 68000

I haven't tried it, but after you download it once and make the bootable disk, can't you install from that? If it does, then you could just put in the second disk that came with your Mac - the one with the apps - and install those.

I have to update my iMac - already did my MBP - and I'll try it that way just to see if it does work.