Re-install OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hydralisk01, Apr 19, 2012.

1. hydralisk01 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2011 macbook pro that came with Snow Leopard and upgraded to Lion. I bought an SSD for the computer and have successfully installed it. My problem now is how do i get the apps that came with my computer onto this new install, such as iPhoto? When I copy the app over it would not work.

I also notice that with the apps that come with the computer, is there a way to make the Mac App Store recognise that I have 'purchased' it? So when i do new installs, upgrades i can just re-download from there?

2. blatopilot macrumors regular

Do the apps show up in the app store, under "purchased" after you have attempted to install them?

There is an "accept" button that it may ask you to select. I've never got it to work, but not getting things to work as they should is the new normal for me.

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Me too. I blame Lion.

To the OP: Pop your old HD into an external enclosure (I'd strongly recommend a Firewire 800 enclosure). Go to utilities -> Migration Assistant and select import from another mac (or something like that - not the Time Machine option) and select applications and whatever else you want from your old setup.