Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Hi everyone. New to the imac, only bought in Nov.2009. I keep getting problems with the Magic Mouse and sleep/restart. I have been told I may have a corrupt kext file and I should re install OS X.

What is the procedure to do this ?. :confused:

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
How you done a search on the mouse sleep/start problem? I set my iMac up last night and I notice that I have to hit a button on the magic mouse to get it to come to life after it sits for a few minutes, but that was in the Windows environment.

Not finished setting everything up but Win & Ultimate was running VERY fast:eek:

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
How you done a search on the mouse sleep/start problem? I set my iMac up last night and I notice that I have to hit a button on the magic mouse to get it to come to life after it sits for a few minutes, but that was in the Windows environment.

Not finished setting everything up but Win & Ultimate was running VERY fast:eek:
Yes done all the usual searches.
Strange - my MM does not have any buttons ?.

BlackViper

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
Bad mouse

The Magic mouse should have a button to activate the click function. Yours must be broken, i'd get it replaced.

OSX can be re-installed from the disk 1 that came with your Mac.

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
Yes done all the usual searches.
Strange - my MM does not have any buttons ?.

The magic mouse IS strange. It and the keyboard are a little Small for the LARGE hands of mine. It had right and left click and I liked the scroll feature like it had a wheel.

I wonder if Apple has a full size keyboard and mouse that would work with my iMac.

Tonight I finish up the Win 7 install and go into the MAC side and install the stuff I need there. I love the quality of my 21" iMac, it got warm but not hot and I do not think that over heating will be an issue. No fan noise detected.

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
The Magic mouse should have a button to activate the click function. Yours must be broken, i'd get it replaced.

OSX can be re-installed from the disk 1 that came with your Mac.

Where is the button you refer to ?.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.