Re-Installed Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by billmister, Oct 15, 2007.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hey everyone quick question. I wanted to re-install my tiger sort of clean install by cutome installing the software i wanted and removing everything that was on my computer and started new. I did this, please let me know if i did it correctly.

I inserted the tiger disk that came with my computer. Then restarted while pressing "C"... Then i pressed next untill it asked if i wanted to install the bundle software and i click custome i think... Then i checked and unchecked what i wanted installed. And then it asked me into which drive (i only had the internal drive). Then i checked mine and it said i couldn't because i already had a operating system on that drive, if i wanted to format it and install. I clicked yes, and that other option where it said, keep original folders, etc..., I unchecked that and did the remove everything.

Everything works fine, but i'm just wondering if i did it correctly. because i read a couple of people that say exit that screen and go to Utilities and then format the drive... But in the questions it gave me, one was format the drive... The install went pretty quick.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes, you did it correctly. There's nothing wrong with using the Erase and Install option of Apple's Installer to format the drive before installing.

3. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502