Re-installing iLife '09?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wutisupmonSD, Jun 5, 2010.

1. wutisupmonSD macrumors newbie

wutisupmonSD

alrightyyy so basically my unibody 2008 macbook crashed a short while back, needed to re-install OSX, files were saved, applications were not. I had been using iLife '09 off a copy that my mother got with with her 2009 polycarbonate macbook. After the crash I upgraded to 10.6 and attempted to install iLife '09 again. It told me thus: 'Alert: this software cannot be installed on this computer'. And that's it. I can't access any of my pictures in iPhoto or upload any(3 wedding albums :3), and I can't access any of my old Garage Band files, simply because they were created on '09 and since the reboot I'm stuck with '08. Major bummer.

Bottom Line: is there any way to get iLife '09 on my computer without wasting $100 just to access files?

Cheers
    -Sean

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Ask you mother to burn or upload her iLife applications for you?

Look at eBay or Craigslist?

Otherwise we can't help you much, as even the route via your mother is kinda stretching it.

Warez/Serials/Keys.
    Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Use the discs that came with your computer. iLife is contained on Disc 2.

4. wutisupmonSD thread starter macrumors newbie

wutisupmonSD

Spinnerlys, how would I upload the applications?

Ziggyonice, the problem is that my iLife discs are '08

I guess they put some sort of patch in the update that doesn't allow you to use someone else's disc...damn lol

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Combine them into an compressed archive via SL's Compress function and use a file sharing service like 2shared and there you go.

And installation DVDs are machine specific. MRoogle will you tell you more of that in hundreds of threads.

6. wutisupmonSD thread starter macrumors newbie

wutisupmonSD

Alright thanks man I'll give it a try.

Weird that it worked before though... Oh well.

7. wutisupmonSD thread starter macrumors newbie

wutisupmonSD

Alright so everything works now... except for iPhoto :3

When I try to open it it simply says 'iPhoto cannot be opened because of a problem.' So I've installed updates and everything but still no dice.

in the report it says this: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeSlideshow.framework/Versions/A/iLifeSlideshow

so I tried creating the folders as directed and moving iLifeSlideshow to that location but it still doesn't work. Suggestions?