re-installing Mac App Store on iMac 2012

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by eLoup, Feb 11, 2014.

1. eLoup macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My current dilemma is that I bought a used iMac generation 2012 from a friend with 10.7.5 installed. The previous owner used the iMac for special effects compositing. I've had the Mac for a couple of months, and now am faced with trying to download an app, only to find that the Mac App Store is nowhere to be found on the computer! It looks like the previous owner has deleted some software prior to the sell, and now I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out how to Re-Install the mac app store, but can't for the life of me find out how to do it. The ONLY thing I've found is this site :

http://mac-app-store.softonic.fr/mac

But having never heard of the site before I'm quite sceptic! And I don't want to download some funky unofficial 3rd party crap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

2. simsaladimbamba

It is the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard update of 10.6.6, which includes the Mac App Store (MAS), but that will not work for you.

[​IMG]

You could always try this 10.7.5 Combo Update and see, if it reinstalls the MAS.

3. simsaladimbamba

The following is the App Store 1.1.2, extracted from the Mac OS X 10.7 Lion 10.7.5 Combo Update Client installer linked to earlier.

4. eLoup thread starter macrumors newbie

I would like to thank you very much simsaladimbamba for your extremely rapid help troubleshooting my particular problem. I don't know how or where you found that solution, or how you even Extracted the AppStore from the Combo Update Client installer. But it worked and you just made the sun come out again. I can't thank you enough. Outside of the Service Pack installer for Snow Leopard, I just could not find anything for 10.7+ on getting that AppStore back up again. And you made it happen. Thank you.