Re-installing Mac OS x (2007 late edition)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by relentlesslaxer, Sep 14, 2011.

1. relentlesslaxer macrumors newbie

Long story short, my original DVD's to restore my macbook 2007 are scratched up pretty bad. Me being dumb didn't take into consideration that my disks were scratched. Well, i went to install it and i seem to keep getting errors when i install my macbook fresh. Errors such as "Repeated install attempts result in different "Installed Failed" exclamations such as; "could not validate the contents of 'EssentialPackage' or, 'AdditionalSpeechVoices' or, 'BaseSystem'. I've tried each of the thee install methods starting with "upgrade" and ending with the most drastic method, "clean install". Nothing works, even after paring the installation package to the bare minimum, i.e; no additional, languages, no X11, no additional fonts, etc.

So I decided to order a 10.6 Mac OS x snow leopard disk from Apple...finally got it today and put it in to start a fresh install because i have no mac os x on my laptop anymore. and i STILL get errors but different ones, saying cannot complete this installation etc.

Anyone know how to fix this or whats wrong...?

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

You might have a HD failure. But just incase I would go to an Apple Store so you can know what exactly the problem is when you're trying to re-install your OS.

3. session101 macrumors regular

question... did you format your HD and start over with a new partition? next question is it going to be your CD drive that is failing or is it that your HD is past its time

you can try to clean out the CD drive and hope that helps if not you might need to take it to apple to give you a diagosis, rather than spending more $$$

4. ataboc macrumors 6502

you're going to need to format with disk utility.

5. relentlesslaxer thread starter macrumors newbie

I did start over with a new partition. Im not sure if its failing or not how can i tell if the HD is past time?

Can you give me more instructions on this..theres many different things u could format on disk utility?

6. session101 macrumors regular