Re-installing OS X on a MBP with a Vista partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sandy44, Jun 4, 2007.

1. sandy44 macrumors newbie

I have a MBP running OS X with Windows Vista on Boot Camp. In the coming weeks, I plan to perform a reinstall of OS X, but want to keep the Windows Vista partition intact.

Will a clean up of the MAC OS X partition affect the functioning of Vista and Bootcamp?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Possibly yes. Prepare yourself to re-install.

Out of interest how do you find Vista on your MBP ?
    I installed it on mine and it began running really really hot. So hot in fact that the machine shut itself down :eek: Yet it works perfectly in Mac OS-X

3. sandy44 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. Now does this mean that I would have to call MS to get Vista activated or what ??

BTW, I get most of my windows software for free from my MSDNA membership. I am not sure if the licensing is different here.

And yeah I have also seen my MBP heat up quite a bit when running Vista, but has never shut itself down. Cannot provide a definite answer as do not use Vista so often.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Actually no. :) Re-installing OS X, even reformatting the partition, won't effect the Windows partition in any way. Since it's not a hardware change either, you shouldn't have to reactivate anything.