Re-installing OSX 10.6, any way to install latest version?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PhazonUK, Mar 28, 2011.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I'm re-installing OSX on my MacBook as I've clogged it up quite a bit and having a few issues, not to mention its just really messy.
    I have DVDs for 10.6, but is there a way to install the latest version (10.6.7 I think) straight away rather than installing 10.6 and having to upgrade to 10.6.7?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Not with any amount of ease. It's possible to roll your own install disc, but the time and effort it would take would likely be much longer than simply installing the OS and letting it update itself. You're definitely better off just installing with the discs you have.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The easiest way is to install 10.6.x (what ever version is on your DVD) and then download the combo update for 10.6.7. You'll get up to 10.6.7 in one update.

4. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

I'm assuming you want to do something like a slip-stream, similar to Windows Service Packs? Long story short, it's not worth the effort.

Do this instead. Once it reboots, run Software Update and it will take care of the oddball small updates.

5. gordian macrumors member

I know "slipstreaming" for Snow Leopard is not recommended but can anyone point me toward a guide or tutorial? I'm curious to see such a long and drawn out process...