Re-Installing Purchased Lion OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bardor, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Bardor, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

Bardor macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a Macbook pro purchased late 2010. I purchased The Lion OS X from Itunes on Jan 2012. Downloaded and used it for about a year. Had to reboot the computer then, so went back to original OS X. Now when I want to re-install the purchased Lion, I can not find it in my Itunes account. The purchased history shows the purchase, but nothing to show how to download it.
    Any idea by anyone?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You mentioned iTunes, but Lion would have been purchased through the App Store application. Start the App Store app then look in your purchases tab and you should see Lion listed like in the screenshot below. Just click the download button and you should get it.

You will need to update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to have the App Store app.

[​IMG]

3. Bardor, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

Bardor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply.
    When i go to app store, it just shows my purchases off apps or books or musics that have been downloaded to my iphone and ipad. It doesn't even have a category for os x or others
    I hope the attached picture helps my explanation.
    Thank you.
    Also, I have the 10.6.8

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Your picture is still of iTunes. You'll find App Store in your /Applications folder.

5. Bardor thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow,
    It always seems too easy, after you got help from some experts.
    Thank you both.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

By the way, you can take a screenshot with the not-at-all-obvious key combination "Command-Shift-3" (whole screen) or Cmd-Shift-4 (selection). If you want to get really clever, Cmd-Shift-4 followed by Space will let you click an individual window.

7. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

When I got an iMac that can't run latest OS and only up to Lion, I bought Lion from the Apple Store as normal, downloaded it from App Store with the code I was sent, but instead of trashing the installer after Lion was downloaded I loaded it onto a special USB stick just for it. that way i can always reinstall easily. Also I burned it onto a DVD too just for extra safety. Because if something goes wrong, i have another copy.