Re-jailbreak iPhone 4S 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iShipwrecked, Mar 26, 2012.

1. iShipwrecked macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4S is currently jailbroken running iOS 5.0.1

I'd like to do a complete fresh install of iOS 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak it.

But if I were to restore my phone, it would be restored with 5.1 since apple's stopped signing 5.0.1, and I can't wait around until 5.1 jailbreak for 4S is released.

Could someone explain the process of how I can do this complete restore of the OS without loosing my jailbreak? All the threads I've found on this conflict with each other in saying that this is, and isn't possible right now.

Thanks

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

You can't do it yet. There has been some progress made to use BLOBS to downgrade, but, the tool/method to do so has not been released yet. Hopefully soon!

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

nepalisherpa is right. There is no way currently but there might be soon. I want to do the same but we're gonna have to wait till they release the way to do this.

4. Spikestrip macrumors member

Spikestrip

Ihatesnow, a prominent iOS hacker, has tweeted that he found a loophole allowing downgrades from 5.1 to 5.0.1 that should work for all A5 devices. He has not released, and there is no ETA, although I'm sure it will be available soon.

5. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

You can't restore to anything less than what Apple is signing on A5 devices >5.0 at the moment. What about this aren't people understanding? That just because they need it, there's going to be some exception for them?

6. Spikestrip macrumors member

Spikestrip

I think what people don't understand is the conflicting information on the web. If one doesn't know reliable places to look for jailbreaks, the interwebs are full of predators. On top of that, the jailbreaking scene moves quickly, and those who are not a part of it are often not up to speed. Rather than trying to figure out which sources are reliable, they ask a community such as ours for help. Geez, what's wrong with those people?

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

She's always posting negative stuff like that, don't mind her.