Re-jailbreak, start from fresh?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by esadb, Jan 6, 2011.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Got an iphone 4 and i jailbroke it way back while i was on 4.0.1 or so.. Anyways i want to restore the phone and re-jailbreak, i dont know i just find my battery life sucks a$$. I got no fancy jailbreak things going..

My battery life is at 39% and i use the phone mainly for txting and a few phone calls. And it reads usage 3hours, standby 14h 11min

Under cydia it says i SHSH for 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1 4.2b3.

Question is how can i rejailbreak my iphone without having to upgrade to the latest 4.2.1 release?

Thanks in advance

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Simple, use tinyumbrella, start the tss server and option restore to 4.1 firmware.

3. Captinsmooth macrumors newbie

You can restore as stated with tu to 4.1 then you can use greenpoison to jailbreak it at 4.1, you can upgrade to 4.2.1 and jb it but it will be a tethered jailbreak.

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

If you need unlock, restore to 4.0.2 and keep 1.59 basebad.

If NO, restore to 4.1.

If you want 4.1 and 1.59 baseband, restore with 4.1 custom firmware (one that keeps the current baseban).

5. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Thanks for the replies. Deff dont want a tethered jailbreak. So 4.2.1 it is not.

You guys are saying turn on tiny umbrella? When? Like what exactly is the steps? itunes - restore- tiny umbrella?

Also the unlock is not really needed.

6. Captinsmooth macrumors newbie

Start tinyumbrella first, then start the tss sever open itunes connect phone in dfu mode click shift restore for windows or alt restore for mac browse to the firmware you want and choose it. When it errors out at the end use tu to kick it out of recovery. Then use greenpoison to jb it.

7. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Well tried that and it doesnt work.. I get "Iphone could not be restored Error 1600".

I obtained the firmware file from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

8. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Well appears if the iphone needs to be in "Recovery mode" not "dfu mode" so i did that and now i get same message on with error 1604..

I checked the log in tiny umbrella and it approves the request for the restore but that itunes says "preparing iphone for restore" and just never ends until i get the error 1604 message..

9. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Maybe try restoring to stock 4.0.1 or .2 first.

Run TU, with TSS server running

upgrade to 4.1

then re-jailbreak with GP

10. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

nm, just got it. Finally i didnt realize i had to SAVE my SHSH in tinyumbrella first..