re-jailbreaking iphone 4!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikeee, Oct 11, 2010.

1. mikeee macrumors regular

okay guys ...so lets help out our fellow members including myself, if you were jailbroken with the beta versions of limera1n. how do you NOW jailbreak it with the official one since it's out since today. Would one need to restore and re-jailbreak it or can they just run the jailbreak when their iphones are already jailbroken. i ask this because i have 4.0.2 with 1.59.00 baseband and i didnt save the 4.0.2 baseband so i can only restore to 4.1 and i dont know how to restore it to 4.1 without changing the baseband. is it the same method AS UPDATING the firmware while maintaining 1.59.00 baseband ?? :|

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you are not having any issues you don't need to re jailbreak.

If you want to update to 4.1 and keep your baseband use tiny umbrella it will let you upgrade but keep the old baseband, after that just run you jb and you will be done

3. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

what if i need to restore 4.1 once again for some reason that occurs AFTER i use tiny umbrella to preserve the baseband off 1.59.00, how would i do so?? wouldnt that get rid of the 1.59.00 baseband?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Use Tiny Umbrella every time you restore

5. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

would restoring with tiny umbrella change my baseband to ios 4.1's? what can i do so that since im updating to ios 4.1 with 1.59.00 baseband, tiny umbrella won't try to change my baseband when i want to re-restore 4.1 again onto my phone.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Is my English really that bad??? That is what I just said about 2 times, use Tiny Umbrella, it will let you upgrade (or restore) keeping the baseband you got. if you need to do it 10 times, use Tiny Umbrella those 10 times, and every time you will keep your baseband...