iPhone Re-jailbreaking without updating

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mpalomba3, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mpalomba3 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm on IOS 8.1.1 and I recently started to have major issues with bugs and battery drain. I uninstalled a ton of tweaks but it didn't help. I think it may be because I jailbroke my phone with Pangu. Is there anyway I can Re-jailbreak? I don't want to risk having to restore my phone because then I'll be updated to IOS 8.1.3 and won't be able to jailbreak.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Pangu is not the problem.
    It's the junk you installed after from cydia.
    You can try semi restore or ilex rat if they are compatible with your iOS version.
    If you restore with itunes you'd be stuck with 8.1.3

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm wondering if it'll be worth running icleaner to get rid of the redundant files left behind after uninstalling the tweaks ?

4. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I had my 6 swapped last week, I had stupidly upgraded to 8.1.3 without thinking about the jailbreak, lost my jailbreak, but luckily my newly swapped 6 was on 8.1.2. I re-jailbroke with TaiG and noticed it was running kind of glitchy and battery life seemed odd and poor compared to my first 6.

I downloaded semirestore8, and was able to basically do a full restore without losing my jailbreak or having to upgrade software. I redownloaded all my apps and tweaks on Cydia and my new 6 is running perfect. I didnt even know about semirestore until this morning when I googled how I could possibly restore my phone without updating. What a lifesaver. And it was easy as pie. :apple: