Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Ells

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
London, UK
I upgraded to 4.1 and re-jailbroke, all went smoothly. Then I reinstalled all my apps with pkg back up (great app) went in to wintweboard and the cydia installed themes were there, but the ones i transferred weren't. No big deal i thought. Until i went into ifile and saw that every theme and lock screen i transfered across are on my phone but not showing in winterboard.

How do i get them to show back up in winterboard? Is it a case of deleting and reinstalling?

Thanks

Big Ells

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
London, UK
Ok really wierd thing. I went into ifile last night and all my old stuff was there. Just gone in now and its all gone :confused:

I am so confused. Can't find any old stuff on there now! This is strange :confused::confused:

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
Could have just been showing up in iFile's cache or something.

You can check whether the files are there or not using an SSH client, WinSCP if you're on Windows, Cyberduck if you're on a Mac (or some other client you'd prefer).

Big Ells

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
London, UK
Right i have found all my old stuff in a /var/stash/themes.cl9pf0 folder.

Am i right in thinking i just need to move them to the /library/themes folder?

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
Right i have found all my old stuff in a /var/stash/themes.cl9pf0 folder.

Am i right in thinking i just need to move them to the /library/themes folder?

hmm the library/themes folder is a shortcut to /var/stash/themes.xxxxx folder

however, I suspect that the new installation of winterboard has created two themes folders.

If you go into /var/stash you will see two folders which have 'themes.xxxx' type names. since themes.cl9pf0 is the old folder, if you move the old themes into the new folder (which is linked to /library/themes) it should show up in Winterboard.

I hope that clarifies things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.