re: Leopard upgrade and ilife

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mopppish, Nov 18, 2007.

1. mopppish macrumors 6502

Hello.
    I have a MBP with Tiger and ilife '06 (the software that came with it).
    I've been thinking about upgrading to Leopard, however am trying to do it on the cheap. My college doesn't carry it at their bookstore, so I miss out on the $69 price tag. I've been looking on ebay and have noticed that people are selling their drop-in upgrade DVDs, which would be fine with me. My only question is, how does ilife fit in this scenario?
    Steve Jobs made a big deal about Leopard becoming the "whole package", which I thought meant it included ilife '08. Is this the case with the retail version? Does this still apply to the drop-in DVDs? If not, does ilife '06 work fine with Leopard?
    Thanks!

2. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

iLife '06 works just fine with leopard... if you do a clean installation, you'll need the restore disk of your MBP and install ONLY the bundled software... then you can give iLife '06 a fresh new start.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with iLife '06 and Leopard ;)

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

iLife is NOT bundled with Leopard retail disks. It is/will be included on the disks provided with new macs with leopard pre-installed.

If you do a erase-install with leopard, you will need to re-install iLife after off your other OS X disks that came with your machine

4. mopppish thread starter macrumors 6502

Gotcha.
    That's a shame, but I guess it does make the cheaper option of buying someone's drop-in DVD just as viable as buying a retail copy.
    Thanks.

5. grifster macrumors newbie

install bundled software won't work on leopard!

I recently upgraded to Leopard on my powerbook and lost all my iLife apps. So I put on my original install discs and tried to install the bundled software only but it said I didn't meet system requirements. What do I do in this situation?