Re-lock on new carrier using iPhone Activation Center

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by attanasi0, May 30, 2011.

1. attanasi0 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I work for a Canadian cellphone service provider that sells the iPhone 4.
    The problem I'm having is that the job is new, and my iPhone is locked to another carrier, running 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10.01 with SHSH's saved for 4.0 upwards.

I need to get the phone working with the microSIM provided to me by my new employer, or I will need to get a new phone...

As you know, brand-new sealed iPhone 4s are unlocked in the box, and lock upon being plugged into the iPhone Activation Center, which is a different version of iTunes provided to carriers. (Or at least that's how it works in Canada).
    There is also another software called iPhone Refresh, which is made to (I think) refresh iPhone 4 demo to their original demo state.

Is there any way to use these softwares to unlock, or simply re-lock my iPhone to my new carrier ? Or will I have to get the turbo SIM ?

Thanks a lot

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try it at your new job and try not to get fired. :D

Update with results.

3. attanasi0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know when I put the SIM inside the phone and try to plug it in, it tells me "That SIM is not compatible" or some message. I just made a backup of my phone, I'll try to see if there's a way for me to use that refresh thing.
    No worries about getting fired, nobody cares lol

If you have different combinations that you think might work, tell me and I'll keep you posted.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah, try removing your SIM and using the refresh tool!