RE: Macbook Pro Profiles

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aboo, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi Folks,

I have a unibody macbook pro connected to a 24" LED display. The idea is that I have the flexibility of using my macbook pro both as a "desktop" and a notebook. The one problem that I am currently facing is as follows: when using the LED display my windows, dashboard, etc are sized to fit the 24" display. However when the display is not connected, the windows all remain the same size, to the point where I can't see parts of safari or my other windows. I wanted to ask if there is anyway around this, such as by creating two different profiles - one for when I am connected to the ACD and one for when I am using the MBP as a notebook.

I appreciate all the advice that I can get!

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not really, at least not that I ever noticed. I just resize the windows once I'm using the MBP w/o an external monitor.

Just life's little quirks I suppose. It is unusual given apple's usual attention to details. I'd shoot off a note to http://www.apple.com/feedback/

3. Kobra macrumors regular

Kobra

I'm experiencing this as well. What I usually do to scale down a oversized window is to press the green resize button while holding down the alt key on the key board ;)