Re-Magnetize the Milanese Loop Magnet?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jimbo1mcm, Apr 10, 2018.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Been reading a bunch of reviews and a lot of them state that after a few months the magnet is losing strength and needs to be adjusted many times during the day if you are even partially active. Is it possible to re-magnetize the magnet in the Milanese Loop?

2. YatBob macrumors regular

YatBob

I have had a series 0 with the Milanese loop since the watch was introduced, wear it every day and the magnet is still as strong as when I got the watch new

3. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

I guess it depends... is it an Apple Milanese loop or a third party? If it's an Apple model, I've never heard of this being a problem. I'd assume Apple would replace it if it was really the magnet. On the other hand, if you exercise in the Milanese, you might find your wrist expands and contracts some, and you want to adjust the band for that reason.

4. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

I had to adjust mine a number of times a day right from day one. Returned, as it really annoyed me.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Same here, had one for two days and that was enough for me. Prefer the leather loops.

6. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

The leather loops are a million times better, not sure why Apple don't do more variations of them!?

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have bought several spare ones as I think they will discontinue with the AW4 if they redesign it.

8. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

I was thinking about getting another charcoal grey as it matches my grey ceramic so well and also scared they'll discontinue them...

9. jimbo1mcm, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

It will be very interesting, and the villagers might storm the gates with lanterns and pitchforks, if Apple, in their new "trendy design", obsoletes current bands.

10. gtg465x macrumors regular

gtg465x

Same. Still use the space black milanese loop from my series 0 with my series 3. No issues with it.

11. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Hm, I would think not, as peoples' band collection is a nice "hook" to keep people on the apple watch bandwagon.