Re-map 4-finger gestures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sirix, Mar 31, 2009.

1. sirix macrumors newbie

The left/right 4 finger gestures, as set are pretty useless IMHO. What would be great is to re-map them to Apple's Spaces, so e.g., 4 fingers left would move a desktop to the left.

Multiclutch is great: (http://osx.iusethis.com/app/multiclutch) but it doesn't have 4 finger gestures.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I was just thinking about 4 finger swiping to change spaces...too bad though, I don't there there is a way to remap those gestures, at least not until Multiclutch can figure it out.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I like how the current gestures are set. Obviously you found that it would be useful but I find that it's a waste to set 4-finger gesture to control spaces movements/selection. I use Expose a lot so it's perfect where it is. For me, I find it easier to activate spaces using hot corners - move pointer and select space.

4. sirix thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm referring to. I love and use the 4-finger expose gesture, as well as the 4-finger hide-all-windows. Those are up and down. I'm referring to a 4-finger swipe left and right.

5. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Snow Leopard will enable the remap of the 4-finger gestures.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i hope that they have total customization for the finger gestures (that sounded bad ha). i would love to see being able to open iTunes with a four finger gesture for example. or a copy and paste gesture. that would be pretty awesome.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Sorry, I forgot to add. I really don't mind the application switching left and right as well. I personally don't feel it would feel right to put spaces as the left and right gesture unless if you were able to implement it, it would be a menu to select which space but if you have to keep on swiping left and right to get to space, forget it, would rather use hot corners.