RE: network speed issue in 10.5.8

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dave12345, Aug 6, 2009.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

do you think apple will issue a fix for the 10.5.8 network speed problem in the next couple of days ? will a fresh install and update using the combo updater help ? who else is having this problem...

thanks

2. MacManiac777 macrumors member

I updated using the combo updater (onto my external Hard Drive) and experience the slow down even after clearing various network preferences and running maintenance in OnyX. Note that my external hard drive has a clean install of Leopard on it and no third party apps so it is not a conflict with any software that is installed.
    Reinstalling from a backup would be the only way to rollback to before the update.
    The last time Apple released an update with a serious bug in it, it took them about 1 week to release a fix (some people may remember that Airport Extreme update). I don't think that Apple would see this as a serious bug but the more feedback they get about this issue the faster they will be able to do something (http://www.apple.com/feedback). Until Apple release a fix I'm sticking with 10.5.7 on my wireless computers, my desktop which is connected via ethernet is fine on 10.5.8 so far.