iPad Pro Re. no Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard at all on launch

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lars in London, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Lars in London macrumors newbie

Seen several references here to these two accessories - both go to the core of the product sales strategy - being available to buy here in the UK.
    Not so much. First time I checked was couple of hours (local time) into Wednesday morning: neither were available until next week. After breakfast on Wednesday that had been pushed to 1-2 weeks. early this morning - Launch Friday - online shipping is 4-5 weeks out.
    How about driving to an Apple Store this morning, on Launch Day in the shops? Nope, at 10.02am - i.e. on open there was no line to buy the tablet, no rush in the store - but no Pencil or keyboard in stock. Just a hapless sales person pitching the iPad Pro´s capabilities together with its two accessories in a corner.

And this is being pitched to professional users? It´s not all about super design, you know - logistics and "the moment of truth" at the point of sale also matters.

I am very impressed with the iPad Pro itself. Beautiful device and screen. One would think Apple would seek to make the most of these next few weeks´ media and consumer attention to sell as many iPad Pros as they can. With this complete cock-up - indeed a massive failure of co-ordination - of not having Pencils or Keyboards available on launch after all, sales will be hurt.

Thank you for letting me vent a little, and correct the misunderstanding some participants may have on UK availability.

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Probably could have posted this in one of the existing threads.