Re-purchasing an app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iAlexG, Apr 17, 2010.

1. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

I bought Zenonia last summer and I must have accedently deleted it at some point. So if I select buy again will I be charged again?

2. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

no, the store will let you re-download previously purchased apps

3. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

What's scary is it will always look like you are about to purchase it again, and not until it's got the icon on your home screen does it finally say that you already purchased this app and would you like to dl it again for free. I wish it would do that before you enter your password in case you select the wrong version, or the iPad version, etc.

4. Shoot macrumors regular

ugh yeah, i hate that. what's worse is sometimes a developer rereleases the app and then it counts you as a new buyer even though you previously bought it. RJDJ did this to me.

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Yeah, I've seen a couple developers pull an app and rerelease it as an 'updated' app, that's nearly the same app with a newer icon. Lame-O.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I tried re-downloading an app before a song. I had a situation where I couldn't get the song I bought. I figured the song wouldn't double charge but I figured it was worth a shot. $1 down. :p

7. ipadking macrumors member

Best to always backup your iPhone. Also, if you forget what apps your have already bought, look at your iTunes receipts that apple emails you.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Songs, unlike Apps, will get you a second charge. Best to backup stuff like that.