re-purchasing iphoto issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abz1981, Oct 27, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all
    I used to have an apple ID that I had bought and installed iPhoto via the app store on my mba. I created a new apple ID that I now use. App Store showed me I had an update for iPhoto. I tried to download this, but then it asked for me to sign into that previous apple ID.

I decided that I should just delete iPhoto and re-purchase iPhoto with my new apple ID. So I dragged and dropped iPhoto into my trash.

Problem is now that I try and install iPhoto it just gives me an option that says 'accept' If I click this option it then asks for me to sign in with my ID. I try sign in with my new ID, then it says:

These apps cannot be accepted by your Apple ID.
    These apps were already assigned to another Apple ID, and they will be available in that Apple ID's Purchases list. If you don't have access to that Apple ID and want to receive future updates, you will need to purchase the applications

I don't know how to get round this problem. Any ideas? I just want to re-purchase and install iPhoto again.

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

so im assuming logging in with your old apple idea is a no. [did you forget your id and pw or something?]