Re-redeem Mac OS X Lion Code?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Littleodie914, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I'm a legitimate Mac developer (paid my dues) and I downloaded the Lion installer when it was released, and installed it to an external drive. I then deleted the installer to save space.

I'd like to reinstall Lion on a separate development drive, but the Lion installer no longer shows up in my App Store "Purchases" tab, and I cannot reuse the redemption code, as an error occurs indicating it has already been used.

Is there any way to "reset" the redemption code, or to re-download the Lion installer?

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

No.

Hopefully for you the next beta has a new code.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Contact Apple's Developer Support, however that works (I'm not a developer). I'd imagine there's a way they can help.

jW

4. datmr macrumors newbie

I would just clone the external drive while I waited to see what Apple does.

Clonezilla is a linux-based FOSS (i.e. free open source) tool for cloning hard drives; boot it off a usb stick. Or stick in an Ubuntu livecd and use gparted.

I'm sure there's a bunch of mac programs that will do the same.

5. macrem, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Edit: removing an inaccurate message that deserved Mal's wrath.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The only BS here is your post. If you'd been paying attention at all during the last, oh, three months or so, you'd know that Lion can be installed on multiple machines, and the Developer Preview is no different in that regard. It's merely one download, which means that you have to make sure you're mildly intelligent and copy it to a safe backup location just in case. Something no developer should even be unaware of.

jW

7. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

You're right and I fully deserve your message. Actually, I came here to correct my post... GM is the first build where I have gotten this message but the problem was that I went all the way back to the developer's website instead of going straight into the app store, where the GM seed was waiting. With my 120mb/s connection it is about the same speed to get it again from the app store.

8. mikep345678 macrumors newbie

Redownloading from App Store

I realize this is a rather old thread, but it came up when I was looking for an answer to this same question, and now that I've figured out the solution I hope it is OK to post back to this thread so the next guy has the answer...

One can only redeem their code once with the App Store for Lion and for Lion Server, but-- after it is redeemed, those "apps" are considered "purchased" and can be reinstalled (thus downloaded) by looking at the "purchases" page in the app store.

HTH!

Mike