iPad re-restore 7.0.4 iPad2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anthdci, May 13, 2014.

1. anthdci macrumors 6502

Is this possible? I used evasi0n on my iPad2 and it has got stuck in a boot loop. I've read up and it looks like I've got to do a restore. But with 7.1.1 being out I'm struggling. I have SHSH for iOS 4.3.3 through to all versions of iOS5, iOS 6.1.2, 7.0.4 and (obviously) 7.1.1.

Has anyone seen any guides anywhere?

2. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

are you able to power it down completely? if so, try to power on while holding the volume up button (hold the volume up button for quite a bit). This will disable mobile (cydia?) substrate and let you boot without jailbreak tweaks active.

EDIT: this happened while you were jailbreaking? if so, my advice likely won't help you. Sorry for misunderstanding initially.

3. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks. Yea it happened when running evasi0n. Tried holding volume up but it does do anything apart from continue to boot loop :(

I don't want to lose my jailbreak, suppose it serves me right leaving it so late to do.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yep, he is in failed evasi0n bootloop (because he updated OTA), mobile substrate is not installed.

5. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

It wasn't OTA though. It was jailbroke on 6.1.2 so I had to do a iTunes restore. But the iPad had a cracked screen so I haven't been using it, hence 7.0.4 rather than 7.0.6.
    Now I've replaced the screen I ran the latest version of evasi0n (1.0.7) so it's not even the early version that caused the boot loop. Just unlucky i guess