Re-Routing Fedex - is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by abnospam, Mar 18, 2011.

1. abnospam macrumors regular

abnospam

So, of course, I am due to be leaving town the exact day my iPad should arrive. I know I can reroute the package via http://abs.apple.com/cst/, but is this risky? Has anyone done it? I fear fedex losing it and then I am stuck waiting 5 weeks for my iPad.

2. wenstinator macrumors member

I'd like to know if anyone has done this as well. I think i want to reroute from home to my office

3. baummer macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't hurt, but I don't think there is an implicit guarantee that it can be re-routed.

4. abnospam thread starter macrumors regular

abnospam

and does anyone know how this works? Does it just BEEP at the next scan and then they put it on a different aircraft? What if the package is in your local distrib center?

5. triplecore1 macrumors member

If people did this couldn't they get around paying tax? Ship it to someone you know in a sales tax free state, then re-route the shipment back to your home state. I know this is tax evasion, but it just seems like something that would be alot hard to do then enter your old and new shipping address. I feel like Apple or the Courier could get in trouble for this.

6. abnospam thread starter macrumors regular

abnospam

then why do they have a link on apple.com to do it?

7. xMBPx macrumors regular

Apple will probably adjust the tax charge and refund/charge you accordingly. Same thing like if you edit your listing on eBay.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal