Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I really was not planning on selling an extra watch, but I ordered both at 38mm and 42mm. My initial plan was to order two, try on in store, and cancel the one I do not want.

I won't even lie. With supply so small, I am considering selling the one I am not going to keep. Is anyone else thinking the same?

I may get flamed, but I do not see how it cannot cross anyone's mind.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I actually ordered an extra SS just because my SS black won't ship until June (maybe I'll end up liking the SS more anyway)!

But I'm not going to sell for a profit. In fact, I may use the SS as a giveaway in a contest on a website.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I actually ordered an extra SS just because my SS black won't ship until June (maybe I'll end up liking the SS more anyway)!

But I'm not going to sell for a profit. In fact, I may use the SS as a giveaway in a contest on a website.

I want to be "good" haha, but it looks like an easy way to stomach ~$700 on a smartwatch.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I got the Black SS for the 5/17-5/27 and was also going to cancel when I tried them on tomorrow...how much would I profit if I sold it instead?

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
I got the Black SS for the 5/17-5/27 and was also going to cancel when I tried them on tomorrow...how much would I profit if I sold it instead?

probably a few pennies to round it up to the nearest dollar.

This is not a must have like a phone.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah after realizing I just preordered $2,379.60 worth of Apple watches, I'll definitely be canceling lol

haha. I would have done that, but I got the passbook notification before I realized the order went through.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Yeah after realizing I just preordered $2,379.60 worth of Apple watches, I'll definitely be canceling lol

If you want to "try" to make some money scalping... here's the thing... Sports model's price is being constrained by the Watch - it's better for people to actually get the sapphire/SS so sports price will probably not go higher than the sapphire/SS model unless the buyer is desperate and stupid.

sapphire/SS model... well, it's already overpriced, can't imagine people would pay a "premium" for an unproven first generation product.

Then again, there are cheapskates who will offer you a lower price to "save you the hassle" from returning it to Apple :)

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
If you want to "try" to make some money scalping... here's the thing... Sports model's price is being constrained by the Watch - it's better for people to actually get the sapphire/SS so sports price will probably not go higher than the sapphire/SS model unless the buyer is desperate and stupid.

sapphire/SS model... well, it's already overpriced, can't imagine people would pay a "premium" for an unproven first generation product.

Then again, there are cheapskates who will offer you a lower price to "save you the hassle" from returning it to Apple :)

Was gonna say the same thing :)

However, I think OP can still flip the sport grey for maybe 550 on launch weekend easily

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hey Guys, Please stop replying to this troll post, otherwise you're feeding him (TROLL)...
Ooops, I've just replied...

----------

I really was not planning on selling an extra watch, but I ordered both at 38mm and 42mm. My initial plan was to order two, try on in store, and cancel the one I do not want.

I won't even lie. With supply so small, I am considering selling the one I am not going to keep. Is anyone else thinking the same?

I may get flamed, but I do not see how it cannot cross anyone's mind.
I will give you $1 Dollar... Take it or leave these Forums for good...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hey Guys, Please stop replying to this troll post, otherwise you're feeding him (TROLL)...
Ooops, I've just replied...

----------

I will give you $1 Dollar... Take it or leave these Forums for good...

I guess any thread that does against the grain is a troll

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I don't get the bad feelings for anyone wanting to resell. You just overpaid Apple 349-1100 for a watch. No venom for Apple. Just happy whistling. But a person wants to make an extra hundred reselling one? They're the devil..lol

Buy low, sell high. Supply and demand. This is the american way. It's like apple pie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.