Re-scanning uploaded songs for the future

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jackrv, Nov 20, 2011.

1. jackrv macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding re-scanning the library if/when Apple improves the matching technology.

I have a 1644 song library, 1341 were matched, and just over 300 uploaded. I'm actually pretty happy with that. However, during the Beta, Apple continuously improved the matching capability, and it is not a far stretch that it could be improved even more in the future.

Is there a suggested way to rescan to see if the uploaded songs become matched? (A good number of those 300 songs are IN the iTunes store). Do I delete the songs from iCloud but leave them on the local machine? Will match automagically change the status of an uploaded song to matched and delete the uploaded version?

Just curious. Thank you.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

The only way I've found to get iCloud to clear a status on a song is to remove it completely from the machine AND iCloud. Once it's trashed, move it out and then add it back to iTunes.

Of course, if you keep track of play counts etc, you lose all that.....but I haven't found any other way.

Apple will need to add an Option click option to have iCloud re-scan at some point.

-Kevin

3. jackrv thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I don't really care about play counts, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if they make it any easier to do this.

4. bulee macrumors newbie

Re-scanning uploaded songs for the future will be depends on all ways on any type so we shall be determine any type relation and maintain a best outcomes

5. jackrv thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! :p

6. paulisme macrumors 6502

This may be the most profound statement I've read all day.