Re swapping faulty watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FatMax, Jul 30, 2015.

1. FatMax macrumors 6502

FatMax

I bought my 42mm SS watch from CL back in May, as I work but do not live in the U.S. The watch was only tested for a day by the guy, nothing wrong with it appearance wise. He ordered on pre-order day and received it a about a week before I bought it from him.

I've enjoyed it for quite some time now, but the last month or so I've had to reboot it quite a lot to get the taptic engine to work as advertised. The last week it's been getting worse. Can barely feel any notifications.

If I show up at an Apple Store with this problem, outside of any return window/opportunity, will they honour any kind of repair/swap on it? I'm heading back to the U.S. next week and can then show up physically in a store.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If the seller who sold it to you bought it in the U.S., you're good to go. Apple will replace or repair it as it's still under warranty.

3. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Phew, that's good to know!

Will I need a receipt for this or is the serial number enough?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

The serial will tell them all they need to know but a copy of the receipt would not be a bad idea.

My first AW had to be replaced due to the haptic engine failing, too! Seems some of the early ones did not work for very long. My current 42SS model's haptic engine is STRONG and it has been over a month now.

Apple should replace on the spot!

5. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

no need for a reciept, serial number is enough.

6. FatMax thread starter macrumors 6502

FatMax

Ok - Thanks for the input guys. Makes me a lot less nervous.

Just hope they don't have to ship it somewhere/make me wait for days, as I'm only on the mainland for 24 hours before heading into the Pacific for 6 weeks..

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Many members have had to send theirs off to the depot so you need to brace for this possibility. They're not always replacing on the spot like other iDevices.