Re-syncing iphone with another computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Forest91, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Forest91 macrumors member

Hello everyone
    I've got myself into a bit of a pickle. When I got my iphone 3 or 4 months ago I was living with my girlfriend and didn't at that time have access to my own laptop. I synced it with hers without really thinking about. We have no broken up and moved apart, and i'm now in a situation where I need to be able to use my iphone with my own laptop, update some of the music on it etc. Can I do this without losing all my original stuff. Can I re-recover the apps that i've downloaded?
    Can anyone suggest anything?
    Many thanks

2. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Your apps and purchases will be ok. Music not purchased through iTunes will be removed.

3. Forest91 thread starter macrumors member

And photos/texts + the way i've organised the phone (folders etc) will all be lost?

4. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I had the same question. Is there a way to go into the file system and "pull out" the music, or an app that will let you? Thanks!

5. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Try http://www.getsharepod.com/
    It's free and it should do what you want

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

For the apps, in iTunes right click on your iPhone's name on the left sidebar and press transfer purchases to transfer your apps to your new laptop.

For the music you need a 3rd party program to pass it to your laptop. :cool: