Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfurnish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Does anyone know how to re-use a MacBook screen?

A few months ago, my first Macbook died due to liquid damage. The Logic Board fried but the rest of the Macbook is fine. I bought a new Macbook. Since then, I have been using the old Macbook for parts, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how or has ever used the screen of the Macbook for any other use? I would love to figure out to use this as a kitchen or bedroom TV, but I have no idea how I would convert the monitor cables. Any ideas?

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Does anyone know how to re-use a MacBook screen?

A few months ago, my first Macbook died due to liquid damage. The Logic Board fried but the rest of the Macbook is fine. I bought a new Macbook. Since then, I have been using the old Macbook for parts, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how or has ever used the screen of the Macbook for any other use? I would love to figure out to use this as a kitchen or bedroom TV, but I have no idea how I would convert the monitor cables. Any ideas?

More trouble than it is worth.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I have no clue about any of that, but you could probably at least sell your macbook for parts, i see people complaining about cracking their screens on here all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.