"Re-using" the student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Knoxifier, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Knoxifier macrumors member

Hello,

I have a question regarding the student discount. I purchased a Macbook Air before the new ones launched with student discount. I then returned as I wanted a new one(now I'm deciding between new Air and a Pro).

I just wondered if I will be able to get the discount again, seeing as there is a limit to ONE Mac laptop a year? I canceled my purchase, so theoreticly it should be possible?

Edit: Sorry for posting it here, but I require a real quick answer.

2. dwhynman macrumors regular

I have ordered several computers in a year using the discount there is not any check at checkout in the online store and in an actual apple store you just show your ID it is not put into a system so they are not tracking how many computers you buy

3. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

'Dont ruin it forge rest of us' has been a common conclusion to threads like this. Right now Apple uses the Honor System with their customers, like no license codes etc...

So let your conscience be your guide.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

It's no problem.. I did the same thing - cancelled an order.

You're not ruining anything, don't sweat anyone being a pain in the a--

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Since you cancelled an order, you are back to the point where you have not used the student discount. The 1 discount per year really applies if you had kept your Air and wanted to purchase another Mac.

6. DerfBWH macrumors 6502

Since you returned the first one I don't see any ethical problem with doing this.

7. Knoxifier thread starter macrumors member