Re: Warranty when selling an ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slikz, Jul 14, 2010.

1. slikz macrumors newbie

Hello,

I recently obtained an ipod touch from Apple through their free ipod for students program when I purchased a new laptop.

I already have an 32gb iphone, and cannot find any personal use for this 8gb ipod touch, therefore I thought I might just sell it. It is new in box, and I have no plugged it in. I have only opened the box to remove the UPC code for the rebate...

I am wondering, when I sell this ipod, will the new owner have control of the warranty? Lets say they took it into an apple store, would they be able to get a replacement if this one failed, or would they check the corresponding purchaser name to the one who is currently trying to get it replaced?

Thank you,
    Dan

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

To the best of my knowledge the warranty begins when the devices UDID is logged into Apples system the first time the device is connected to iTunes.

3. Briview macrumors regular

I bought a sealed iPod touch 1G like 4 months after release, from a private seller. He had not at all opened it... just kept it for 4 months, but when I checked up the warranty online once I opened it up and plugged it in, it showed the warranty ending in 8 months. Maybe it's purchase date?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thats odd. But how would they know when they purchased it?