re: Weird smudge/pixel unkown thing behind the screen [picture included].

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by foodi, Apr 22, 2011.

1. foodi, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

foodi macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have a macbook 2.26ghz ic2 and I have this weird thing inside the screen, no idea what I should do. I do have icare.

Here it is:
    http://img855.imageshack.us/i/photooa.jpg/

North of my cursor.

I also have a problem where my macbook pro would be sitting there awake and it would bink (on/off or low light back to normal, not sure cause it happens fast). What could this be?

Any help or what steps I should take is appeciated, thanks.

2. gecis macrumors regular

3. foodi thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i take it back? i've had it for a year and a half or so lol

4. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

Just bring it to a genius bar. They'll bring up your account information and if you have AppleCare they may be able to replace it.

That's strange though. Has that been there since you bought it?

5. foodi thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm not exactly sure how long it has been there, i only noticed it a couple months ago, however the blinking problem has been there for quite a bit.

how do i know if there is a genius bar around here (I live in Windsor, Ontario Canada) and we do not have an apple store here.

we do however have a best buy with an apple section inside, but I bought this MBP online from apple

6. foodi thread starter macrumors newbie

any idea if i can get the same type of help at the best buy apple section? we dont have a genius bar in windsor

7. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Theyll take a look at it for you. If you have best buy warranty, theyll direct you to an apple authorized repair shop. Bestbuy does NOT repair macs in house. If you have either their warranty or applecare, the repair shop will fix it for you.