Reach9's WSJ article find = hope in iPhone 5 redesign

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AIP5, Oct 2, 2011.

1. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Hey all, I'm extremely sorry about creating a new thread, but I really wanted to share my view on Reach9's WSJ article find. :eek:

So, Reach9 posted an interesting WSJ article in the iPhone Forums. The article states nothing new, except for the reiteration of the fact that Apple has been working on a thinner and lighter design, but that the details are unclear.

I'm seeing this as a good thing for those interested in a redesigned iPhone 5. Here's why:

This is what most reliable news sources are coming down to. They were told of a redesign by someone inside Apple, which is why they published those "rumors" or as they call it, "reports." But now, many rumor sites like MR and 9to5Mac are saying no 5, only 4S.

That has left them in doubt also. But that's a good thing. Because that means they haven't heard from Apple since. Which is extremely good news, since a) Apple wants this confusion going into its event, and b) this means that Apple hasn't shot down the iPhone 5 rumors.

Viva la iPhone 5! :)

Arn, you might just lose the bet. ;)

2. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i think we all need to stop making new thread and talking about the cheap iphone, 4s, and 5. less than 2 days and we will know. no more guessing, thinking, or anything.

3. AIP5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Uh, on a rumors site made for members to discuss these things? I suggest you tune out until Oct 4th then. ;)

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I can buy into this reasoning.

Just like the Verizon iPhone, I won't swear it's happening, but I'm hopeful.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This sounds good since WSJ articles play no games.

6. wurt macrumors member

It is talking about the iPhone 4S

iPhone 4S... S for Slim of course. Thinner and lighter iPhone 4 with a slightly larger screen (3.7"). My opinion at least.

7. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I would be 100% fine with this, as I really just want a bigger screen.

8. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I said the other day after All Things Digital nailed the Press Conference date on the head, that I'll only believe what they/WSJ say. So I'm believing this one!

9. mholtz2323 macrumors member

It does seem odd that even the WSJ is in the dark about whatever Apple plans to announce this Tuesday.
    However, they do hint at a "thinner and lighter design."
    Not sure if this means the iPhone 4S is a tad thinner and lighter or if it's a total redesign.
    WSJ, NYT, guys from Thisismynext have all been told the same thing, there is a redesigned iPhone.