Reachability and Notification Center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Sep 16, 2014.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Has anyone seen anything in a review mentioning whether when you invoke the reachability to slide the screen down, if you can then "pull down" from the top of the apps to bring the notification center down. From what I have seen the signal / time / battery menu bar stays at the top. That would be one of the biggest reasons I could think to need reachability.

Or is there another way to bring it down?

Thanks.

2. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I haven't watched any of the review videos (I kind of want it to be more of a surprise when I first use it) but on the Apple site, there is this picture:
    http://images.apple.com/iphone-6/design/images/smart_right_large.png

It clearly shows the full notification bar being brought down as well, so I'm guessing it will be accessible easily from Reachability. It wouldn't really make sense if they didn't include it, as Notification center would be the hardest thing to reach without it!

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I actually found a video on a site that showed off a vine video. If it is double tapped from the home screen only the icons and not the menu bar come down. From any app, the whole menu bar does. However the video didn't show the notification center part. Hence my question.

I wouldn't want to have to launch an app just to get the menu bar to move with the rest of the content. I would hope that if it doesn't work correctly as I hope from an icon springboard screen, that an early iOS 8 delta release will fix that.

4. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Can anyone confirm whether Reachability includes Notification Center from the Home Screen?

5. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

6. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Then that is a mistake. My understanding is that from an app when you use reachability it brings down the menu/time bar, and so you can pull down notification center. If I am using it one handed, I want to get to my notification center from the home screen and reachability should help do that.

7. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Or you can assign a gesture which suits you to perform that action....
    Oh I forgot you can't do that on iPhone

8. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Actually whoever was wrong. Even though at a home screen the time and signal menu bar doesn't come down with the screen in Reachability like it does within an app, you can swipe down from just above that top row of icons and bring down the notification center. This works just fine.

9. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

But it doesn't do this from the home screen?

10. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

It does work. You are right though, at the home screen the status bar still stays way at the top in reach ability, but you can still pull down from just above the apps and pull down Notification Center. I just did it several times to test it so not sure why others are sayin it can't be done, unless I'm misunderstanding.

EDIT: just realized this is kind of an old thread

11. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Correct. Just pull down from above the apps and it works.

12. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

The only issue I've had with it so far is not being able to pull down banner notifications.

13. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Perfect, exactly like I was hoping. Thanks.

----------

That's a bit of a bummer.