Reachability Question

daudi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
I like reachability a lot, however it has one quirk I cannot figure out. The screen always resorts back to normal size after I do a selection. Why does it do that and how do I turn that off?

I tap reachability for a reason: I need to access parts of the screen I cannot reach with one hand. Why does iOS assume that I've grown longer fingers the second I make a selection and revert back to normal size? Anyone find this annoying and is there a work around to this that I'm not seeing?

chabig

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
There is no workaround. How could Apple implement it any other way? There are things at the bottom of the screen too, and you might need to reach those controls.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Never use it. I just switch my grip or employ my other hand.
The 6+ is tricky for one handed use though and it isn't possible to do anything but the simplest tasks without using both hands.

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
I think it's meant for just quickly reaching something at the top of the screen. If it remained like that you'd lose access to the bottom of the screen. If you're continuously working at the top of the screen, it makes more sense just to adjust your grip.

jamesdmc

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2007
Cittagazze
I think it's meant for just quickly reaching something at the top of the screen. If it remained like that you'd lose access to the bottom of the screen. If you're continuously working at the top of the screen, it makes more sense just to adjust your grip.
or rearrange your icons.

daudi81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
Darn, ok. I wish there was at least an option in settings to make it stick, and maybe another double tap to restore full screen. Most of the apps I use have most of what I need at the top, so it would be useful to at least have the option to make it stick. Oh well. Thanks for the responses.