Reachability Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daudi81, Feb 25, 2015.

1. daudi81 macrumors regular

I like reachability a lot, however it has one quirk I cannot figure out. The screen always resorts back to normal size after I do a selection. Why does it do that and how do I turn that off?

I tap reachability for a reason: I need to access parts of the screen I cannot reach with one hand. Why does iOS assume that I've grown longer fingers the second I make a selection and revert back to normal size? Anyone find this annoying and is there a work around to this that I'm not seeing?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

There is no workaround. How could Apple implement it any other way? There are things at the bottom of the screen too, and you might need to reach those controls.

3. The Doctor11, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015

The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well it's ment for taping buttons at the top. There is no work around.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Well, that was nice.:rolleyes:

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Never use it. I just switch my grip or employ my other hand.
    The 6+ is tricky for one handed use though and it isn't possible to do anything but the simplest tasks without using both hands.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I think it's meant for just quickly reaching something at the top of the screen. If it remained like that you'd lose access to the bottom of the screen. If you're continuously working at the top of the screen, it makes more sense just to adjust your grip.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Now that I think about it I was a jack ass in my original post. I fixed it. :)

8. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

or rearrange your icons.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

...or buy a rubber thumb extension.

10. daudi81 thread starter macrumors regular

Darn, ok. I wish there was at least an option in settings to make it stick, and maybe another double tap to restore full screen. Most of the apps I use have most of what I need at the top, so it would be useful to at least have the option to make it stick. Oh well. Thanks for the responses.