Reactivate old 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLOND37, Oct 15, 2011.

1. BLOND37 macrumors 6502a

sorry to be a pest but am going to apple to return 4s. please reassure me that they can reactivate my 4..

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

3. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

and we are 110% sure?? they can? i dont need to freak out anymore?

4. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Why are you returning it?

And why are you worried that they won't be able to reactivate it..?

Edit:
    And yea, of course they'll be able to

5. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

returning 4s too slow.. one second faster than the 4.. not worth 200. and using my upgrade credit ya know..

cuz i have THE WORSE luck esp with this stuff.. another example.. friends with a 4 who upgraded to ios 5 on the 4.. said the same or quicker system speed.. not me.. slower than before but still faster than 4s.. i'm sure apple will find some reason not to reactivate :((( with my luck they will say too busy, or have to go to genuis bar and wait 5 days for an appt, or go to att .

i'm surprised i dont have an ulcer haha

6. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Since you're on AT&T literally all you have to do to activate your 4 again is to take the SIM out of the 4s and put it in the 4. That's it.

7. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i tried for hours cant open the 4 door..used the paper clip etc..

----------

i think i'll go postal if they cant or dont or wont reactive old 4

8. calvy macrumors 65816

you tried for hours to open the SIM card slot? yikes. Stick a paper clip in the whole and push. It pops right out. If you can't figure that out get your butt into a store ASAP and just get someone else to do it. As said, yes it's possible, just go do it.

9. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes to open the sim door.. mine didnt :(( like its stuck.. going to store now..i pushed and pushed..

10. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

You know you can sell your 4 for more than $200? You actually end up making money by upgrading.

11. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

and what would i use? LOL.. my slower 4s? used my uograde credit to get 4s.. :( sigh.. but thx for the sggestion.. goig to apple now ttyl

----------

just tried the paper clip again - no effer is in there

so what if apple cant open it??

12. Jman13 macrumors 68000

The speed is going to be entirely dependent on what you do with the phone. If you're web surfing and doing e-mail, you will not notice much of a speed difference. If you use Hipstamatic (which takes forever to process on the 4, but is VERY fast on the 4S), or if you play high graphics games, especially ones that will be released in the future and will require the 4S, then it may very well be worth it for the speed. Large apps like games also load much, much faster, which is nice, and the camera speed is noticeable.

All that said, I'm finding the Siri alone is worth the upgrade for me. I have been using it a ton and already know that it will help immensely just for fact/business location finding and reminders/calendar events. Heck, just being able to voice speak text messages or long facebook or message board posts is awesome, and it works VERY well, at least for me.

Still, if it's not worth it to you, then do what you need to do for you. The 4 is a very, very capable phone and will still be an excellent phone until the 5 (or whatever they call it) is released.

You should have no trouble re-activating your 4, even if you have to ship the 4S SIM card back, as you can go get a new SIM from AT&T (which should be free) and they'll activate it for your line.

The day before my 4S came, I went to AT&T and got a spare SIM for my wife, as I gave her my old 4, and we're selling her 3Gs. Called AT&T, gave them the 4's IMEI number, the new SIM card number, and bam - iPhone 4 activated on my wife's line. Well, not quite BAM, as the activation servers were still pretty crowded, so it took about a half hour for the line to transfer, but that was it.

13. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

What do you mean your slower 4s? You said your 4s was a second faster.

Sell iphone 4 for $300 and keep the 4s.

Now you have an extra 100 dollars in your pocket and a phone that is faster and with a better camera too.

14. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

good news - bad news - they reactivated old phone.. cuz i bought the new one online i haveto return online.. so now i am all freaked out that they wont take it back.

15. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

think you misunderstood.. 4 faster than 4s..

----------

see i am more cal and contacts texts and email.
    apple said i have to ship the one back to apple care - this ought to be good..
    apple react'ed my old 4 so thats good..

----------

now i am freaking out that apple wont take my 4 back

16. am17 macrumors member

17. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

Slower? After settling down after a day of syncing (assumption) my 4s is much faster than my 4. It was slow & laggy the first day or so, but now lightning quick. The cam & video are much better, just give it time.

18. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

on em.. lol two diff kinda.. go see my therapist every week and shrink every 2 weeks

19. BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes sir or mam as the case my be.. i conducted tests thru out the day.. side by side 4 and 4s.. tapped apps etc same time.. 4 was faster or the same as 4s..

i been told that people who say that 4s faster were using 3 or 3GS but you say you have a 4 and found a 4s faster.. i am in the process of returning the 4s..

20. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Good for you. If you're just not happy with it, then return it. Apple's return policy is amazing. And really, it's all about your own personal perception and satisfaction. Just do whatever gives you the least amount of stress.

21. BLOND37, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

BLOND37 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well apple tells me when they get phone they auto cancel my phone service.. i am using my old 4..

UPDATE *Returning 4s*

julie a supervisor Julie at Apple , got her direct #, she ASSURES that contrary to what it says on apple's site they will NOT cancel my service!

(this i gotta see)

guess i dont put the screen film on today since i'm shaking like a leaf again..