Reactivating iPad on iOS 7 Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nipz, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Hi all,

I forgot to update my iPad that was running iOS 7 Beta 2. I tried to restore it in iTunes and it wasn't having any of it. For some reason i thought it would be clever to go onto my iCloud account and erase the iPad remotely... now it wont reactivate!

I am only using the latest public release of iTunes. Do i need iTunes 11.1 Beta 2? I ask before i try and download it because the internet is crap where i am at the moment!

Any advice on how to restore my iPad?

Edit: The error i am getting in iTunes is 4027.

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Download the IPSW you want to restore to, put your iPad in DFU mode, hold option and click restore, then select the IPSW you downloaded.

Once your iPad is done restoring, an activation window should pop up in iTunes that looks like this:
    http://www.cydiaios7.com/wp-content/uploads/activation-ios-7-iphone-5.jpg

Just enter your apple ID and password and your iPad should be working again. I've had the same problem before.

3. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Legend :) forgot about the powers of DFU mode!

4. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Still failed when using the public release of iTunes. Had to wait until 11.1 Beta 2 finished downloading. Looks like its all good now :) thanks again!

5. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

its simple. go to dfu and install latest ios 6 release... after that is done, option click update and select ios 7 file if you want to get back to ios 7... happened with me...

i have public release of itunes... worked well..