Reactivation WOES!!! Please help...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docc, Sep 11, 2007.

1. docc macrumors 6502

So i purchased an iPhone the day it was released, used it for 2 weeks and then returned it to Apple. I popped out the SIM card that it came with to use in my old Moto (which was suggested by the Apple rep btw) and have been using it without problems since the last 2 months.

After the price cut, i purchased a new iPhone today. I popped out the SIM card from the Moto and placed it into the new iPhone and when i tried to activate it via iTunes, i keep getting an error that is not possible!!! What the heck!

Anyways, so i tried to activate my new iPhone with the SIM it came with by applying as an existing number and that was denied too!

All this is on a GoPhone prepaid account by the way. So, do you guys have any suggestions? I'm friggin pissed right now!!!

Thanks.

2. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I just got done dealing with this for the last several hours. Basically your only options are

1) sign up for a NEW gophone plan and get a new numbers. There is NO WAY to transfer your exsisting account/# to the new sim, per ATT

2) use iNdependence and fool the phone into thinking its activated. I did this and all is well.

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Well, everything on my phone seems to be working just fine after using the iNdependence activation...except for youtube. Will not work either over wifi or edge.

I guess thats a trade off that I can accept, didnt really use it all that much.

4. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I used INdependence 1.1.1 and did the jailbreak and activation bit. However, when i put in my old iPhone SIM, it doesn't get activated. Should i use the new SIM which came with the iPhone or my older SIM?

I'm glad that you atleast got it working. Please guide me on how to get this sorted.

Thanks.

Update: Ok, so it got activated thanks to INdependence. Thanks for your input mate! Appreciate it. Can i connect it to iTunes and use it normally without any problems?

5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

yes, you can connect to itunes and use it as you did. Im starting to get a touch worried about having done this with independence though. Ive had my phone freeze up 2 or 3 times and was unable to do anything with it until I put it to sleep. Never had that problem with my old one.

So Im debating what I should do. Just keep the 8gb and use it as is, no youtube and with it always in the back of my mind that using a hack to activate is or might cause problems, or go back to my 4gb.