Read Before Updating iWork Apps on iOS.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by rocknblogger, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I just updated Numbers and when I wanted to open an existing spreadsheet I got a pop up warning telling me that I will not be able to open the spreadsheet on my Mac unless I have the new version for OSX installed.

Unfortunately my iWork suite came on DVD so I won't get the free update. I don't really mind that too much but I wasn't planning on spending $60 at this point to get the new versions. So now my iPad version of Numbers is useless until I upgrade. They should have had a warning prior to updating to give me a choice.

I love Apple but the way they do some things rubs me the wrong way:(

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

1. Wrong forum, sound be in the OSX forum.
    2. Seems to be confirmed that Apple will put up the update for download for those who have iWork on DVD (HERE).
    3. Someone posted in the OSX forum on how to get the update from MAS (HERE).

3. MauerFan macrumors regular

Someone posted on one of these threads that people in your situation will in fact get the free update. Apparently they talked to some reps on the phone, so just wait and see! :)

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah the updates showed up for me. For iWork and for Aperture. Nice. I'm guessing it was either planned all along or Apple realized their mistake and made it right for everyone who purchased these apps in the past.