Read before you go pick up Leopard please !!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fonz500, Oct 26, 2007.

1. fonz500 macrumors member

Sorry about the crazy title, but I wanted a lot of you that are going to the Apple store to pick up Leopard, or that know, to read this.

Please ask the store if they have Imacs in stock with Leopard pre-installed on them. I know that they will probably have drop-in disks for Leopard, but I kinda want to buy it pre-installed. I just want to know what my chances are of going to my Apple store this weekend and buying a new Imac with Leopard pre-installed.

Thanks in advance to everyone that can give me some feedback.

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I doubt they will be pre-installed for a few days or so. Why don't you just call the Apple store near you?

3. rmh macrumors regular

Too logical :D

4. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

I will call the store later today (at work), but I just thought I might be able to get some early info from the people on this site.

5. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

Hate to tell it to ya but I don't think any Apple Retail stores will have it pre-installed. I called my local store and they said that it probably won't be pre-installed until mid-November. They need to get them pushed out first.

They will give you a drop-in disk and from what I'm told, it's the same as the retail disk. Can anybody confirm it's the same as the retail disk?

6. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

That's my main question !!!!

I am obviously a first-time Mac buyer, so I just want to know that if I buy an Imac and install Leopard on my own, it would be the exact same as if I buy an Imac with Leopard pre-installed. I don't want to lose any memory or have problems because I'm installing it.

7. rmh macrumors regular

You (and the iMac) will be just fine if you do the install yourself, so don't worry about that.

8. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

To be honest, sometimes pre-installed operating systems come with additional programs like OmniOutliner, that Comic program (can't remember the name), and a game or two. If you buy an iMac today, they will give you the drop in disk.... I can't verify if it will come with those apps.

I don't use those apps much, it's nothing big. However, that may be a small difference if you wait until it's pre-installed. If that's a huge deal, you might want to wait and keep calling your local apple store until it's pre-installed. I personally want Leopard now, so I ain't waitin'!

9. luvTN macrumors newbie

Yes, if you buy any Mac now, it's pre-installed

10. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

....online that is.;)