Read! iPhone fixed? Reception issues fixed! Camera issues fixed! Button Rattle Fixed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MicroApple, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MicroApple macrumors regular

I got a replacement refurbished (*sigh*) don't even get me started on that.

Anyways the replacement doesn't have the same reception issues as my old one. It dropped, every call, and if it touched, "the spot" the internet would freeze like in the videos. Now NOTHING happens when I touch the spot. No bars drop or anything. Calls don't drop any more (before every call dropped). Also I was there and i had both my old iPhone and new iPhone infront of me, and the metal band did feel different. Like it has some sort of coating or something strangely different about it. I know I'm the last one to buy these conspiracy theories, but it's true, it seems like they are doing something to these replacements atleast changing or coating the band. The way the feel might just be in my head but reception has greatly improved.

Also I didn't replace it for the calls dropping so it was defective in that way.

Just sharing, will probably get flamed. Whatever.

EDIT:

This of things found fixed:
    - Antenna Issues (for sure I am feeling some sort of coat or new material on the band)
    - Camera doesn't tint yellow (for the whole image, maybe a new camera part, or my old iPhone was defective)
    - Sleep/Wake Button doesn't Rattle anymore

2. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Also I backed up some of my old photos and i took a photo of the same thing in my house (same conditions, lights, windows, time of day). And turns out my old iphone had a yellow tint I didn't notice, now the pictures are so much clearer.

Old iPhone with Yellow Tint Problem : Week 27

EDIT: I read the wrong numbers of my old serial number and wrote "80" (I thought you had to subtract a number or something from the 80 making the week) but it is indeed "27" while the new one is "30"

3. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

4. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Of what? My Camera issue? or the metal band?

Like I said it could have been in my head (but reception quality says it all) but I had both infront and it feels much different, but they look the same.

5. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

Same here. I had to have my IP4 replaced due to a bad screen. The new phone does not have the green dot in photos and the reception issue is non-existant. The refurb I got was a week 31.

6. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

How do you check the week of a refurb phone? The serial starts with 5K so I can't tell.

7. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Thanks for sharing.

What's the week number of the replaced iPhone 4? You say it "feels different", right? In what way?

8. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

After using it for a while I am almost positive it feels different. By feel different I mean the old one felt metallic and cold in the hand. This new one feels like a more slick surface maybe plasticy and not cool to the touch. It looks exactly the same which leads me to believe there is definitely some sort of clear coat over the metal band.

9. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Another fix found: Sleep Wake Button no longer rattles. :eek:

10. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

Just look at the 4th and 5th number on the serial...example

XXX30XXXXXX
    that means is a week 30 phone oh yea thanks for sharing...maybe Apple is indeed doing something secretly

11. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

5KX30XXXXX

It is a week 30 actually

12. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Well, common sense would tell us that it wasn't actually a week 80 phone. ;)

13. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Please take a picture of a white piece of paper under Florescent Lighting. The green dot usually shows up under Florescent Lighting and I would be very interested to know the results.

Thanks.

14. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I know whatever it was 80 and that represents some week, the refurb is 30 and that represents some week I'm not sure how to translate it.

15. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I'm a week 29 and have zero problems with mine.

16. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Are you being serious right now?

There are 52 weeks in a year. Your phone was made in the 30th week of this year. There is no translation.

17. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

OK then.. my last phone had 80 when I checked it? Maybe I checked it wrong, probably did, I just thought that there must have been some way to convert the numbers in some wierd way apple put them since there is no week 80. But I do have my old serial number. I found the proper way to check it was 27. (I looked at the wrong part of the number) I'll update the posts. Jeez calm down...

18. robotphood macrumors 6502a

My screen is displaying yellowing when it gets hot. I'd love to be able to get a replacement that didn't have the reception issue. It would be nice to be able to use my phone naked without having to worry about degrading or killing signal/data strength.

19. TW95 macrumors member

20. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

What do you want pics of? I'll upload the camera fix right now

21. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Hello from Australia, where I just had an agonising 1 hour of cutting my old sim down (first try, no practice).

Anyway, it's a week 31 phone, no rattle, no reception loss at all, and no camera tinge. I'm a happy chappy :D

22. adztaylor macrumors 68000

This.

23. MicroApple thread starter macrumors regular

Camera pics

One is much whiter than the other (same light conditions etc) Kinda blurry, hands were shaking

EDIT: Added picture of refurb

Attached Files:

24. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Refurbished iPhones are as good or better than new ones.
    They get all of their parts replaced by new ones and they pass two full inspections. New phones go straight into the box. Refurbished phones are new phones that also get checked, twice.

25. jasondono macrumors member

Week 31, 32GB, here, new. Reception issues, death grip problem, rattling sleep button.