Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Wow, that seems really silly. Maybe it was just an over sight in the review process? Someone was having a bad day? Hopefully when you re-submit it you'll have better results. Hope it works out.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Every time I hear stories of good apps being rejected and bad apps being approved etc, I really do think that Apple have a room of monkeys with typewriters in charge of iPhone app approvals...

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
hate to tell you this but they don't ever change their minds, regardless of how silly the request might be. you might as well just change it if you want your app approved. good luck :( we're currently in the "taking additional time" boat w/ no info from Apple as well w/ an important bug fix release

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not the developer by the way... I guess I should have made that more clear with my post. I just a fan of the app who is waiting on the update. I saw that blog post and thought it was kind of funny so I thought I'd share.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I don't know how apple's review process is implemented, but however it is setup, they need another level to deal with rejections before they get sent out.

If one person reviews it, finds and issue and it is rejected, than it needs to first go to someone else to confirm that the app should be rejected for that reason, and if not it should be sent back for further review and approval.

If they already do this, then they need a third level that checks the work of the second level. How ever many levels they have to check this stuff, they need to add one more. I see too many of these stories where mistakes in rejections are being made, and at some point you have enough people double-checking things they will improve.

People tend to be much more responsive to letting down co-workers they are around every day than some nameless developer who they will likely never talk to at all. So peer pressure helps with this, beyond just the actual checking of facts.

Of course when I see sports illustrated put the mascot name Rockets in a blurb about a game that was about the Mavericks, I realize that most people in the world just don't care and want to half-arse everything.

For the few people that work hard to do things right all the time, they eventually become frustrated and give up because nobody else puts in the same effort so everything is always sabotaged, and they just get beaten into submission.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.