Resolved Read it Later/Reading List alternative for Leopard?...go with Instapaper!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by alexreich, Jun 16, 2012.

1. alexreich, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

I am used to tapping 'add to Reading List' on my iOS devices, and reading the bookmarked article or downloading content from the marked page when I get home to my Mac. This works via iCloud, which is not compatible with Leopard.

As I have made the switch to a PowerMac G5 as my desktop machine (and moved the Mac mini over to the TV), I need something that can replicate this behavior on my G5. Quite often I find an interesting article while I'm on the go, but do not have time to read it, or I find an interesting app that I'd like to give a try, but cannot get to my home machine to download it at that very moment.

Any recommendations? What should I do?

2. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Pocket gives you a bookmark to use (+ Pocket). Should work fine on a G5.

http://getpocket.com/

There's also Readability which has a Safari extension now that I look at my toolbar.

Both are iOS apps too.

4. alexreich, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

alexreich thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexreich

Thanks for the feedback! I forgot about Instapaper! I bought the iOS app years ago and just tried to login to my old account and... Success! Will add the 'Read Later' bookmark in TenFourFox on my G5 when I get home tomorrow and test it out!

Please keep the recommendations coming! There's nothing better than having more than one thing to choose from...

Just installed the Instapaper bookmark on my iPhone in Safari, and installed the iOS app. Now for my iPad. Then my Mac once I get home. :)