Resolved read only on mac hd, and no trim for optical bay ssd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bdodds1985, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bdodds1985, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

i use an app called "blackmagic disk speed test, and ive used it before multiple times. i recently installed a 2nd ssd into the optical bay on my MBP. now for some reason it tells me that it cant run speed test on a read only drive. i can copy things back and forth from the two drives and all my externals. so im not sure why its saying this? ive already reinstalled it and still the same thing. and i dont feel comfortable changing disk permissions as i already crashed once doing that through get info. any suggestions?

also my optical bay ssd has no trim support. why is this and how do i enable it? its a 120gb intel 320 series sata II ssd. it came with a disk and im sure i need to update the firmware but it was a mini disc and i cant use it. any suggestions? if someone knows how to burn it onto another disk guide me in that direction because i have no idea how to do that let alone open and install it.

attached are some pics for visuals.

Attached Files:

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You mean read only?

It sure looks like Finder thinks your drive is read only. ("You can only read") in the right of the first screenshot.

B

3. bdodds1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

Yea thats what I mean is read only. sorry about that. So how do I fix this so I can use this app for my apple ssd? also any clue on the Trim support for my other ssd?