Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JenDallison

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.7 and last night the complete read-out/appearance went crazy, all pixelated but in very high/bright colour. This wasn't just the wallpaper, everything was grainy and difficult to read, I guess I thought it looked like a virus.

Prior to that it had been working fine, the only problem immediately before the appearance changed is that it wouldn't connect to my normal wireless router (it had been left connected all day).

I could still just about make out enough on screen to set up another user account on the same mac, and that is working okay, but all my docs etc are on the 'corrupted' profile. Also the new user profile still won't connect through airport even though I have re-entered the WEP password.

Help, I don't really know what to do or how to fix it. Thanks!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Try:

 -> System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Seeing -> Enhance contrast -> drag the slider to Normal
 -> System Preferences -> Displays -> Color -> select the profile that matches the name at the top of the window

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.